Integrating OpenStack and more
OPNFV mainly focuses on integrating upstream open source components and validating the integration. Since the aim of the project is to provide a platform for mission-critical use by network and service providers, much focus and efforts is put on extensive quality assurance and benchmarking. Testing and validation makes sure that the project releases meet carrier-grade standards for NFV use cases.
Some of the main components integrated by OPNFV includes OpenStack, OpenDaylight, KVM and DPDK. Some specific feature projects are also included in OPNFV. The full list of community projects is available here.
Enea's contributions to OPNFV
Some of the open source NFV contributions Enea has made:
- Enea did the initial bring up of the OPNFV architecture for ARM hardware in H1 2015,
- Enea presented together with ARM the first "reference" platform corresponding to OPNFV's "Arno" release in Q2 2015,
- Enea demonstrated together with ARM a first "multi-vendor" demo of the OPNFV architecture at the ARM Partner Meeting in Q3 2015,
- Enea was one of the founding participants of the ARM Band project in OPNFV in Q3 2015,
- Enea launched in Q4 2015 the world's first ARM-based NFV lab compliant with the "Pharos" specification from OPNFV,
- Enea has brought up the "Brahmaputra" release of OPNFV on ARM hardware,
- Enea today hosts a multi-architecture NFV lab with 7 pods and growing.
About Enea's NFV solutions
About Eneas Pharos lab